After spending 5 weeks in Germany and about 4 weeks of chaotic travel in France, to say that I am ready to go home is an understatement. I like Europe. I really do. It is very different than the U.S. and ¨I have broadened my horizons.¨ I enjoy how every single home I slept in over this time frame has less stuff and junk in their homes than American homes. It is possibly to raise a family of 6 children in a 3 to 4 bedroom house. Sharing rooms and bathrooms does not hurt anybody, in fact I argue they make the bond closer. I also enjoy not using my cell phone except to get calls from odd agent man who tells me what city to venture to next on my goosechase through the country. I love visiting markets with fresh fruits, bread and meat and watching people carry their goods home in cute little baskets as opposed to thin plastic bags that cut off your circulation when trying to carry a gallon of milk in them.
Here are a few things I will not miss:
trains- although efficient and good for the earth I will not miss the strikes that take place and wonder if it will effect me, or the smell of the train station, or the chime that rings like every 25 seconds
white bread- ate too much, often it was the only option when running through the train station and knowing i had a 6 hr train ride ahead of me
raw meat-gross
I can not wait list:
I can not wait to drive!!!!!! Freedom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not confined to small roads with bumps and potholes... in fact if I want to I can take a road trip on a whim with smooth safe roads and an automatic smooth ride!!!!!!!
I also can not wait to communicate in English!!! I do not have to use short simple sentences and I can ask anybody anything and I will get an accurate answer!!! (I am thinking of directions, restaurant menus, planning, etc.) I should have taken French lessons before coming here, but I didnt. I gave them one more reason to curse the ¨ignorant Americans¨ but actually there are Indians and South Americans here who are in the same boat as I am.
I CAN NOT STINKIN WAIT TO SEE MY FRIENDS, MY FAMILY, and OH YEAH MY FIANCEE!!!!!!!!!!! (That story will come later, I am still waiting to tell a friend personally back home)
Love
Moi
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sarah, trains are green. That's very irresponsible to not support public transportation. :)
Fiance'????? OMG!!! YEA!!!!! CONGRATS!!! I need to hear the story!!!!!
Glad you are coming back to the states!
Wowzers! My Princey flies into Cincy tonight and I can't hardly contain myself. We've got alot of catching up to do.
What's this about your fiancee?? I can't wait to hear all about in Sarah's next episode. Until next time....
Awww yay! I'm coming to Europe next summer, thanks for giving me a heads-up of what to expect ;) Love you!
hey! i'm still waiting for your engagement story!!
Post a Comment