I am pecking at the keyboard from the court site of my first tournament in Elbeuf Saint Aubin which is near Rouen;. Somehow I managed to get here sane enough to play well and win. Yay! I played a &- yr old girl from Paris who was trying to psyche me out before we played. She asked me if I get bored at 10k tourneys. She was trying to figure out my level and make me feel old. Hehe oh well. I play tomorrow at 9am. The tourney is a feed in draw, meaning higher level players do not have to play until later rounds. So, I play a girl who did not play in the yourney today. We get free hotel rooms, so thqt is great! Some man just pointed and grunted at the girl I will be rroming with. Maybe she will speak French and I can learn from her and follow her around.
I stayed with friends at a very nice and prestigious academy for two nights and one of their players was in the quarters of teh French Open Jrs. We got free tickets to watch him, so I got to go to Roland Garros! I did not see anyone else play but the atmosphere was great and a little more formal than I would assume teh US Open would be. I have not been there, so I really can no say...
gotta go!
Friday, June 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Way to go love!!! Way to dominate. How old was she? The age came out as &-. I love you and I'm so proud of you.
Yay SJ! Congrats on the win!
Sarah, for future reference in France I found that most times 1 grunt means right and 2 grunts mean left. If he snores just go straight ahead. Your comment made me laugh as it brought back memories of my travels in France. Thing is though you keep going like this and the guy would be well advised to sit up and take notice. Keep those posts coming. You have a ton of Aggies rooting for you.
Russell
sounds like you're having a great time! can't wait to hear more...love you, cousin :)
Hey! Gypsy Queen! You are so brave to go off into foreign lands without knowing where you will stay and not speaking the main language. Kent told me the girl who tried to psyche you out was 17; I thought maybe it was your polite way of swearing on line by using the symbol. :) Hope you keep winning and finding great places to visit and sleep. Love! rho
Post a Comment